Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Christmas Door - shape card

Hi Everyone!  Another Christmas card today!  This one is inspired by a color challenge over at Festive Friday.


 I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas colors and decorating  so this was definitely a challenge for me, but fun to step out of the box!

Here's what I came up with:

  


The door come from the Christmas solutions cartridge.  I sized it at 5" and welded two together to make a shape card.  The card and all it's layers are cut with white daisy cardstock.  I used cotton candy ink to highlight some spots on the door.  The wreath comes from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art cartridge.  It is sized at 2 1/2".  The base of the wreath is cut from slate cardstock and the pink for the birds and bow came from my scrap stash. I put a little scrap of yellow behind the window and added a pink rhinestone to the center of the bow.

Inside, I simply stamped it Happy Holidays in cotton candy ink. The sentiment is from an Echo Park stamp set called Season's Greetings by Bella Road.


I like it!  I think I need to find more color challenges so I can step outside my comfort zone a little more :)

Have a great day!!

Linking to Festive Friday

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty, shaped card! love the use of the pink and grey - this is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a NEAT card, and I love how you worked in the colourss. It turned out wonderful! Thank you so much for playing along at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shape of your card as well. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a card front! Love everything about the sweet wreath! Such a lovely creation...thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete