Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Altered Purse Box

So a few months ago I found these absolutely hideous purse boxes on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  I wish, wish, wish I had a before pic!  They were only $1.79 and I saw potential.  I worked on this over the course of a few days.


I so love how this turned out!!

Inside
The first thing I did was spray paint the boxes with Rustoleum Hammered Brown spray paint.

Once that was dry I started adding paper.  All paper used was from the Avonlea collection from Close to my Heart - Unfortunately this paper is sold out, but just wait!  There's some great new collections coming out Aug 1st!

Back view

Sides with faux stitching using a white gel pen - the ribbon handle is ribbon from the Close to my Heart green collection

I hot glued some layered flowers with brad centers to the top.


I used multiple Cricut carts on this project.  The green flourishes are from Cindy Loo and the brown flourishes are from Home Decor.  The small butterfly is from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art and the large butterfly is from Best Images of 2010.  And finally, the birdcage and the bird are from Bloom.

I hope you enjoyed today's project!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment