Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Poinsettia Gift Box - Christmas in July # 4

Hi Everyone!  Welcome to project # 4 in my Christmas in July week!

Today I have a little gift box to share with you.  Going back to using the cartridges I don't use very often, I pulled out Garden Soup and Joys of the Season cartridges.


I cut this cute little hexagon box from the Garden Soup cartridge.  It's found under button 41, honeycomb layer. I cut it at 9 inches, fit to page with red cardstock.  I measured the sides and cut 6 pieces of pattern paper 1 1/2 x 2 with my paper trimmer.


Then I found a basic hexagon to go on the top under button 35.  I used CCR to layer it over the top of the box image to get the perfect size.  It came out to 3.292 x 2.819.  The pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye, Sweater Weather, 6 x 6 pad.  The stamp on the front is from a Fiskars stamp set called Seasons Greetings and I stamped it with red ink onto kraft cardstock and fussy cut it out.


The poinsettia is cut from the Joys of the Season cartridge.  It's under button 38, the layer feature.  I used CCR hide option to hide the berries and only cut the petals.  The bottom 2 layers are cut at 2 3/4" and the top 2 layers are cut at 1 3/4".  I used a quick dry liquid glue to attach them all together in the center.  I curled the petals with a pencil and inked the petal edges with New England Ivy.  Then I added some more liquid glue to the middle and poured some chunky gold glitter for the center of the flower.  I adhered it to the top of the box with liquid glue as well.


To finish it off I added a magnet closure to the flap and the front panel to keep it closed.

I hope you enjoyed todays Christmas project!  Have a wonderful day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment