Friday, July 12, 2013

A Halloween treat box

Hey everyone!  So I know a lot of crafters are doing Christmas in July and I LOVE Christmas and I love seeing all the projects early to get ideas.....

But I'm not in the Christmas spirit yet. And for me it makes sense to get a start on Halloween before Christmas because we really do a lot for Halloween in our house.  Then I figure by the time October rolls around I'll be more ready to work on Christmas.  Especially if we have one of those years where we have snow in October.  Once the snow hits, I'm in full Christmas mode!

So, I'll be starting to mix in some Halloween projects here and there with the rest of my projects and today's was inspired by flipping through and playing with the Cricut Artiste cartridge some more. I absolutely love this cartridge!  There are so many great images and I especially love all the 3-D projects it has on it.  The Art Philosophy cartridge is on it's way - and actually should be here today if the Fed Ex estimated tracking is accurate.  These are both exclusive to Close to my Heart and you can get yours by clicking on the link to my CTMH shop.  There's also a BRAND NEW cartridge that will be available Aug 1 called Artbooking an this one looks just as amazing as the other two - but more on that later.

For now, let's get back to my project.  So I flipped through the booklet for the Artiste cartridge and I found a coffin treat box for Halloween - how great is that!!


What's really great about these booklets too, is that they have added the size you should use for best results on these 3-D projects, taking all the guesswork and wasted paper out of it!  The coffin box and lid are found on page 76 under the 3-D object button, sized at 7 1/2 inches.


I used Slate cardstock and after I assembled the box and lid I inked around the edges with Slate ink. The web is from Creative Memories This & That cricut cartridge.  I used the Cricut Craft Room to design this and the web is sized at 2.639 an then I trimmed off the edges a bit.  The spider is from the October 31st seasonal cartridge and it is sized at 1.25 inches.  I also covered the spider with glossy accents and drew in a line with a black gel pen.



Don't forget about our July specials, Work the Workshop for 50% off with no qualifying purchase required and the stamp of the month Sweet Life for only $5.00 with a $50.00 purchase!

I hope you enjoyed today's project!  Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment