Friday, May 10, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week, Day 5

Welcome to Day 5, the final day of Teacher Appreciation Week.

I found some beautiful hanging flower baskets at Walmart for $3.88.  I thought these would make a great gift for the last day of the week.  I created this little sign to go in the basket.



Again for today's project, I used all scraps from my scrap bin.  I love these little projects that help me reduce my scraps!  The plaid pattern paper is 3" high x 3 3/8" wide.  You probably can't tell in the picture, but this paper has glitter in it so it shines a bit.  I used my corner punch to round the edges and I inked  them with an orange Studio G ink pad.  The white layer over it is 2 3/4" high x 2 5/8" wide and again I inked the edges with orange and used my corner punch and adhered it with foam tape for some dimension.  The sentiment was printed on my computer using fonts: Action Is, Century Gothic, KG Strawberry Limeade, and Penshurst.  I used Scotch quick dry glue to attach the tag to a popsicle stick I had left over from a St. Patrick's day project.  


I thought the sign was too plain so I added the butterfly.  It was an extra cut I had left over from another project I'm working on.  This butterfly was cut with the Indie Art Solutions Cricut cartridge sized at 2 3/4".



I hope you enjoyed my projects for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I had so much fun making these that I'm kind of sad it's over!  I'll be back tomorrow with a cute Mother's Day card, hope to see you!





No comments:

Post a Comment