Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Shower

Hi everyone!  Over the weekend I was busy with something a little different.  I was asked to make a baby bottom cake for a boy baby shower.  These are so much fun!


The bottom  is a one layer 12" chocolate cake, iced and covered with white fondant.  The baby bottom is made from a 6" dome cake.  The legs and feet are made from rice krispie treats, iced and covered with flesh colored fondant.  The blanket is a piece of blue fondant and I ran my pizza cutter over it to make the quilted lines.  The border is blue and brown balls of fondant that were flattened.



The baby's name was added to the top.  I usually put the parents name on the side of the cake, but with this being only 1 layer, no filling I didn't have the room.  So I went to my trusty cricut and cut out sign using the Storybook cartride and ran it through my printer to get the sentiment centered on there.  The little rattle is from Cricut Sampler and the teddy bear is from the Christmas Solutions cartridge. 

This was the second baby bottom cake I've done, the first was for a girl shower.


I think these are the most adorable cakes! 

  I'll be back tomorrow with a card I made using the CTMH Chantilly papers again.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These cakes are fantastic. My sister is going to have a baby and planning a surprise baby shower for her in a beautiful event venue Atlanta. I am almost done with everything and I left the cake design. This one would be perfect for the day. So glad to have come across this post.

    ReplyDelete