Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gift for Mom

We finally celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom and family this past weekend.  It was such a great day, I love when the family ~ or at least most of the family can get together.

Now that my Mom has her card and gift I can finally share  :)





Center Step Card using CTMH Chantilly papers

 I was watching You Tube videos/tutorials one night and came across one for a center step card.  I thought it would be so pretty to show off the beautiful Chantilly paper from Close to my Heart.  The center scallop oval is from Elegant Edges, all layers cut at 4.75".  I used flower 2 image, using the oblong feature on shift for the Lagoon color background, then I cut the flower 2 image twice using the oblong feature without the shift, one for the layer in Buttercup yellow and one for the layer in White Daisy.  I cut the open scallops off the white layer and ran just the oval through the cuddlebug to emboss it and lightly inked the raised embossing with Buttercup yellow ink.


The butterfly came from the cricut cartridge Best Images of 2010 cut at 2".  I added some glitter glue for the antennae and body, papers used are from Close to my Heart Buttercup and Cotton Candy.


The Happy Mother's Day stamp is from Studio G and the rhinestones are from Close to my Heart, they are the pink glitter gems that come with the Chantilly Scrapbooking Kit.  

For the gift, I found a recipe on Pinterest for a Gardener's Sugar Scrub.



This was super easy to mix up.  If you're interested, please go visit One Good Thing by Jillee - she has some amazing stuff!  I just picked up a cheap glass jar at Walmart to mix it in.




Using the same Chantilly paper pack, I cut a tag from Doodlecharms.  I used Cricut Craft Room and to make it double sided I hid the flower on one of the tags to make it solid and adhered the two together.  I switched out the cutting blade for the markers and added a text box to the solid tag to print "Gardener's Hand Scrub" and sized it to fit the tag.  I used some pink/white bakers twine to hang it from the jar.


I used a 3" circle punch to cut a piece of Chantilly paper and used some liquid quick dry glue to attach to the top of the jar lid.


I found a coordinating ribbon and adhered it around the jar with glue dots, using Mini Monograms I cut a scallop circle at 1 1/2" and a circle at 1 1/4" with the Cricut.  The stamps are from My Favorite Things.

Mother's Day 2013
I think this made a great Mother's Day gift, and would be great to add into a spa gift basket, or using a smaller jar, favors for a bridal shower.

I hope you enjoyed today's project.  If you have any comments or suggestions on things you'd like to see, please leave a comment and I would love if you would subscribe!  Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment