Thursday, May 9, 2013

Teacher Appreciation, Day 4

Welcome to Day 4 of Teacher Appreciation Week!  I have a yummy project today!



 I thought it was time for some sweet treats for a sweet teacher!  Here is the treat bag topper I made:


I started with a piece of white cardstock sized 4 x 6.  I then folded in half to make a bag topper sized 4 x 3.  I went through the scrap bin and found this pretty plaid paper and cut it down to 3 3/4 x 2 3/4 and adhered to the front of the topper with my ATG tape.

Then I went to my computer and printed out the sentiment "thanks for making me one smart cookie!" and cut this down to 1 1/2 x 4 and adhered with ATG tape.  The fonts used are Strawberry-Limeade, Century Gothic and Gretoon.  I used my Sweet Shop Cricut cartridge to cut out the little cookie at 1 inch and adhered with foam tape to pop it up a little.

I was looking around on Pinterest and couldn't decide what to make, so I made two :)

These are Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars from Allrecipes.com.  For the recipe, click here.


And I thought since the cookie on the front of my topper looked like a chocolate chip cookie I needed to make some of those also.  Now there are a TON of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there and I had seen this one on Pinterest labeled Perfect Chocolate Chip cookies that I just had to try.  I generally prefer a crunchy chocolate chip cookie, and these came out soft and chewy.  If you are one who prefers chewy chocolate chip cookies, this is a great recipe!  


And here it is all put together




Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow with Day 5, the final day of Teacher Appreciation Week!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment