Friday, May 17, 2013

Families are Forever

It's Friday!!  Another week almost over, another day closer to summer break.  My son's school has a balanced school year so, while all the other schools in town have their last day today, he will be in till June 4th.  With that in mind I'll be starting on some end of year projects for the kiddos in his class and his teacher soon.  But today, I have a home decor project that I actually made on Mother's Day.  My husband let me sleep in and I woke up to a clean kitchen and a fresh pot of coffee, he cooked breakfast and generally just let me relax all day.  My son made me the cutest mother's day book in school and colored me a picture.  I just couldn't imagine my life any different from what it is and I'm so very grateful for my wonderful family.  Which brings me to my canvas project:




I used an 8x10 canvas I had picked up in a pack of 2 at Walmart.  I used and old DecoArt paint I had, Buttermilk, to paint the canvas.  I trimmed a piece of turquoise paper 1/4" smaller on each side and glued it down with Scotch quick-dry liquid glue.  The pattern paper was from my stash so I'm not sure what pack it came from.  I cut that 1/8" smaller than the mat.  The center mat is 7 3/4" x 4" with a cream layer that is 1/4" smaller.  The sentiment is cut from the Just Because Cards cartridge at 3".  Once everything was glued down I covered the whole thing with 2 coats of Mod Podge to seal it well.


This is it's temporary home.  I am still looking for the right place for it  :)

That's it for today.  I'm working on a party package for a baby shower, those projects coming next week.  For now I have work and laundry and dishes.....does it seem like the 'to do' list is never ever done???  Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment