Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Camp - an altered journal

Hi guys...I know I'm late today.  It's been a crazy work day and actually not over yet.  I'm still working but taking a little break.

My little guy, Max, started summer camp today!  He was so excited and when I picked him up this morning he was even more excited to go back!  I was relieved with that because this is the first of 5 weeks.

Here he is all ready for the day - umbrella and all since it was raining all morning...


And since he's been out of school for a couple weeks now the boredom was setting in.  I still have him keeping up with some school work over the summer.  He's practicing his math and reading every day.  The one thing we've fallen behind on is his writing.  While they were in kindergarten, the kids had a journal they wrote in every day so I thought camp would be the perfect thing to journal about at home and work on his writing a little more.  And to make it a little more fun, I took a regular composition notebook and altered it for him.


I used cricut Life is a Beach for the font and Campin' Critters for the scene.


I covered the front and back with this super cute tree paper that came with the Dream Pop CTMH paper collection.  I mod podged it onto the composition book and sanded the edges so they don't pop up after use.  I inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink, Brushed Corduroy.  I added a strip of brown cardstock from my scraps for the binding.


I love how it turned out and more importantly, Max loves it and can't wait to write about his camp experiences!

Ok, so this was supposed to post last night, but I must have forgotten because I was so tired.   I'll be back later with some 4th of July projects!  Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment