Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day card and gift idea

Hello friends and Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's out there!  My son and I worked on Father's Day gifts for his Dad today.  I have so much fun crafting with him and I know it won't last forever so I like to get some craft time in with him whenever I can.

Max is on a baseball kick right now since T-Ball just started a couple of weeks ago and him and his Dad get outside to practice whenever they can.  So it was really no surprise when he said he wanted to make a baseball Father's Day card.  Here is what we came up with:


Max picked the colors and the embossing folder.  I think this one is called Tiny Bubbles.  The white mat is cut from Elegant Edges, the bear is the athlete from Teddy Bear Parade.  The bat and ball are from the Creative Memories cartridge This & That and the glove is from Everyday Paper Dolls.  He wanted it to look like the bear was hitting the ball.  I think he did a really great job!


Here is the inside with his cute little message and the keychain we made for his gift taped to it.



So my husband is a truck driver and he always keeps the key for the semi separate from all of his other keys, but he didn't have a keyring for it or anything.  We thought this would be the perfect gift for him.  We used shrinky dink that I picked up at Michaels a while back.  I loved making things with Shrinky Dink when I was a kid and was so excited to see it back in the stores.  And really, it's just as fun now as it was then!  


I traced my son's hand and foot, he used a couple of dad stamps I had on each and then colored them with a Sharpie marker.  I made sure to remember to hole punch the bottoms of each - although I forgot how much they really shrink and the holes were too small for the jump rings I had.  I ended up threading some jewelry rope through it and knotting them onto the jump ring.  

And then of course we had to make a sweet treat for him!


These are seriously the best brownies in the world if you are a chocolate peanut butter fanatic like we are!


We started with a box of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownies and baked according to package.  Then we made the peanut butter layer with 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of creamy peanut butter and 2 cups of powdered sugar.  Mix together and spread over the cooled  brownies.  Then we took a can of chocolate frosting, put about a half a cup into a bowl and melted it in the microwave to pour over the peanut butter layer.  Add some chopped up Reeses peanut butter cups and you are done.  So incredibly rich, so incredibly good!




I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment