Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gift Ideas from my Kitchen - Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Granola

Hi Everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Since it's cooled off I've been able to turn the oven on again and test out some recipes!  After my craft room, the kitchen is my next favorite place to create.

 I've started thinking about Thanksgiving.....this is my third year hosting dinner for my family.  I was so nervous that first year!  And, while I don't have all the kinks worked out, I try to have fun with it and not be so stressed.  My biggest obstacle is time management and getting dinner on the table as scheduled and not having everyone starve while they wait. Last year, for each person,  I decorated some small mason jars and filled them with a snack mix.

This year I wanted something different that incorporated the flavors of fall - to me, that is pumpkin and apple.  I came across a recipe for Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Granola on Allrecipes.com and tested it out this morning.  This granola is so yummy, took only 15 minutes to mix up and made my house smell wonderful!

Fresh from the oven
I found these little zip lock bags to package the granola in.  I find zip lock bags are much easier for my son to open and close instead of a twist tie.  Less mess for me to clean up too.

And of course I had to dress them up and make them look nice!


I used the cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the fry box at 9" - you can get 2 of these from a 12 x 12 sheet of paper.  I used one of the  designs from the Huntington paper pack for the box and the coordinating cardstock in the pack for the other cuts.  For the turkey and the sentiment I used the Perfect Fit - Thanksgiving stamp set with the cricut Artiste cartridge.  I used Barn Red ink to stamp the turkey. 



And I used Cocoa ink for the sentiment and Olive ink for the flourish.  I used Goldrush to ink all the edges of each piece.


And here it is all put together.


Cute and yummy!  One detail for Thanksgiving done!  Yay!

Here is the link to the recipe at Allrecipes.com.

Have a wonderful week!!

Linking to:
BBTB2 - fry box challenge
Little Scrap Pieces - any project

September Specials!
You are My Happy - National Stamping Month
Poster Tidings - Stamp of the Month



7 comments:

  1. Dawn, I love your turkey treat box - great idea to use the Art Philosophy's French Fry box. Your turkey and your tag look awesome. Don't you just love the Huntington papers? Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 this week!
    xSusan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Huntington paper!

      Delete
  2. What a great treat box for thanksgiving! I love the turkey cut and stamp! I would love some of this granola. It sounds yummy!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used your box Dawn...so creative. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dawn, I so love your fry box!!! The papers are fabulous and I love your scallop tag and turkey!! So cute and festive, what a great treat this will be for your Thanksgiving dinner!! I just may have to copy this idea! lol Love, love it! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful fry box and treat!! I love the turkey, the papers and that great scallop tag. What a great treat for your Thanksgiving quests! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fry or 3D Box' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative!!!! I love this :) Glad you joined us at BBTB2 this week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete