Monday, September 23, 2013

Another Autumn card....

Hey everybody!  I'm back with another fall card today.  This is actually one of two cards that I made using the same stamp set and basic colors but have vastly different results.  I've been watching a lot of videos recently on some inking techniques and wanted to try a couple of them out.  These aren't new ideas, just new to me :-)

The first one I wanted to try color blocking.


I started with Cocoa cardstock for the base, cut 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2 to make a portrait card.  The mat is with White Daisy cardstock cut 4 x 5 1/4.  For the color blocking I used the 2 x 3 1/2 clear block that comes in the starter kit and applied the ink directly to the block.  I used Goldrush, Sunset and Olive and pressed the inked block to the paper.  Then, using the Fall Harvest stamp set I stamped the leaves with Chocolate an the sentiment with Cocoa.  For the final touch I added some Opaque Mocha adhesive gems.


I kept the inside clean and simple using a mat of Goldrush and White Daisy.


I was pretty happy with this one and really liked the color blocking.

I'll be back tomorrow with the second card using the same stamp set and colors.

If you haven't been to the While Supplies last section  lately, go check it out.  The Spellbound Paper Packsfrom last year are in there for $2.20!!  And a bunch of other great stuff super duper cheap!

You also have about a week left to take advantage of the National Stamping Month promotional stamp set and the amazing Poster Tidings Stamp of the Month.  ~~  This would be a great month to get one of the exclusive Cricut cartridges and take advantage of the specials!  For $114.00 you would get a Cricut cartridge, 3 sheets of dimensional elements and 7 stamp sets!  And no matter what cartridge you choose, you will not go wrong - they are all must haves!!  All of this would retail for $190.85 so it's an amazing savings!

Linking to:

An Inky Situation - fall leaves
Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes
Cardz TV - colors of fall

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love stamping!

    Thanks for joining the Go to Galz from Cardztv Design team!

    mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete