Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sock Monkey

Good Morning!  I hope you all are having a fabulous week!  I have a really cute card to share with you today.  I started with a sketch I found online this weekend.

Crazy 4 Challenges
This sketch is a little out of my comfort zone, but I had fun with it!



The card is 5x5.  I used cream cardstock for the base, layered with kraft cardstock 1/8" smaller and inked the edges with Tim Holtz walnut distress ink.  All the pattern papers are from a DCWV stack called The Kidlet stack and I used a dark brown cardstock for matting and the pennant.  The sock monkey and the scallop border were both fussy cut from papers in the stack.  I wanted red gems for the border but didn't have enough, so I used red glitter glue on the border instead.  The letters are DIYthickers that I added red glitter to.  I adhered them to the dark brown cardstock and cut around them for a slight shadow so they would stand out from the background a little better.


I like to have blank notecards around for various things so I left this one blank for now.


Have a great day!!

Linking to:
Crazy 4 Challenges - sketch
CardzTV - seeing red

August Special Sweetening the Deal - spend $50 and get the August stamp of the month for FREE!!
Click here to see my 3x3 cards using this set!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card and great take on the sketch challenge.


    Thank you for joining the Cardztv Design Team on this challenge.
    mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete