Monday, August 19, 2013

Happy Autumn

Hello friends!  Although it's 33 days till the official start of fall, I am ready!  It's my favorite time of the year!  I love the crispness in the air, snuggling in warm sweaters and crunching through the leaves.  I especially love the colors of fall.  The leaves of fall is what inspired this card.


I started with a card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 with Autumn Terracotta cardstock.  I layered a mat 4 x 5 1/4 with a paper from the Huntington collection. The sentiment is from the Happy Autumn stamp set, inked in Cocoa.  It is on a mat 3 3/4 x 1 1/4 with Champagne cardstock that I inked the edges with Autumn Terracotta ink and added some rhinestones I had in my stash.


The square mat 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 with Goldrush cardstock.  Over that is a mat 3 7/16 x 3 7/16 with Cocoa cardstock and I ran it through the Cuddlebug with the Argyle embossing folder.  I used the Harvest Happiness stamp set for the leaves and acorns.  This is a cricut compatible stamp set that coordinates with Art Philosophy.  I used the sizes indicated on the stamp set and cut them with White Daisy cardstock.  The leaves are found on page 34 and cut at 2".  I used Goldrush, New England Ivy, Ruby and Autumn Terracotta to stamp the leaves.  The acorns are found on page 36 and cut at 1".  I used Chocolate and Saddle inks to stamp the acorns.


For the inside, I layered the same pattern paper I used on the front from the Huntington collection and Champagne cardstock.  I inked the edges of the cardstock with Autumn Terracotta ink.  I used another leaf cut with Art Philosophy, stamped with Harvest Happiness and inked with New England Ivy.  The sentiment is from the For a Friend stamp set and inked with Chocolate.


I hope you enjoy and have a wonderful week!!

Linking to:
An Inky Situation - browns and/or oranges
Crafting By Designs - anything goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes
Craftin Desert Divas - anything goes

August Special Sweetening the Deal - spend $50 and get the August stamp of the month for FREE!!
Click here to see my 3x3 cards using this set!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for Linking Up at An Inky Situation. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    An Inky Situation Page on Facebook
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love the leaves and acorns. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous fall card! I love the leaves and the acorns! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete